Monday, November 1, 2010

GLAMOUR MAGAZINE: The Love Your Life Conference






Today I had the opportunity to attend Glamour Magazines: The Love Your Life Conference. This conference highlighted the 20th anniversary of Glamour's Women of the Year Awards. There was a full day of panel discussions and cool events. There were tons of wonderful women I admire speaking including:
Anna Sui, Fashion Designer
 Paulina Porizkova, model and author
Brooke Shields (Leap of Faith)
Sherri Shepherd (co-host of ABC's The View)
and my FAVORITE FASHIONISTA Stacy London (co-host of TLC's What Not To Wear)
Here was my outfit for the evening of fun.













Outfit
Blazer: Thift that I got during this vintage shopping trip
Top: Forever21
Skirt: Forever21
Necklace: Housing Works Thrift, they have awesome jewelry like this diesel necklace I got
Fishnet pantyhose: American Apparel
Studded Booties: Nine West
Ring: Playa del Carmen, Mexico








There were 3 sessions in this all day conference starting with:
"Love Your Work Life"
Left to Right : Padma Lakshmi (Model, Author, Host of Top Chef), Deborah Roberts (Good Morning Amercia), Dylan Lauren (Dylan's Candy Bar, Author) & Anna Sui (Fashion designer) Not Pictured: Bobbi Brown (Bobbi Brown Cosmetics), and Arianna Huffington (Author and Cofounder of The Huffington Post)
  
My favorite at this portion of the event was model, author and host of Top Chef, Padma Lakshmi who spoke a lot about her newborn and the challenges of balancing her work and her quality time with her baby.

Quotes of the night:

Bobbi Brown: "There is no such thing as work life balance. We all do the best we can."

Arianna Huffington: "Don't let fear get in the way of following your passions."

Padma Lakshmi: "I admire Diane Von Furstenburg because she is well-rounded, strong and a philanthropist. I also admire Bono who uses his fame as leverage for his philanthropist agendas."

Anna Sui: "I'm overly self-conscious about my work so it forces me to be more creative and do even better."

The next panel was titled
"Love Your Body"

Left to Right: Anne Kearney-Cooke Ph.D (Author), Bethany Frankel (Author), Paulina Porizkova (Model and Author), Moderator, Crystal Renn ( Model and Author of Hungry) and Katherine Schwarznegger (Author and blogger)
 


Crystal Renn and Katherine Schwarznegger

 Paulina Porizkova and Me!!!! Psyched!

This was definitely my favorite panel. My favorites were Bethany Frankel who kept it real, curse words and all, Paulina Porizkova, and Crystal Renn who is very passionate about loving yourself and changing sample sizes to fit what "real women" look like.

Quotes of the night:
Bethany Frankel: "I will take any supermodel down with my personality!"

Paulina Porizkova: "Top Model has nothing to do with modeling!"

Paulina made sure to tell me that America's Next Top Model was not real and that the girls are chosen based on who is best for TV.

Some Pics from the event:



Love this dress!

 Wicked pattern!
Loving the lace and leather mix!

The last portion of the event was a mini off-broadway play titled Love, Loss and What I Wore by Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron based on the best-selling book by Ilene Beckerman. It was trully amazing and I encourage all of you to see the play. Natasha Lyonne (American Pie) was unbelievable. Sherri Shepard (cohost of The View) had me in tears with laughter and Brooke Shields was hilarious. Stacy London (What Not To Wear) was an awesome moderator and Jamie-Lynn Sigler (The Sopranos) was too cute for words!

Like these event fashion photos? Check out this Parsons fashion show event

Special thanks to Glamour for putting on such a kick-ass event that left me feeling empowered and loving my life!

So why do you love your life?

XOXO
Monroe

17 comments:

  1. ohh cool!!!! you look so chic!!

    http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair, the skirt and necklace!

    www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very nice event. You outfit was fab and that hair, just dope.

    http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. this seems like the most fabulous event!!! i totally love your outfit (especially the skirt) - so glad that you shared all the photos!

    stayfabulous,
    zarna
    www.zarnasrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seemed you had such a nice event! (:
    You really look very pretty!

    www.flowersandstuds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was there, so cool you got to attend and i love your outfit. So I'm following your blog now. I hope you get a chance to visit me. I'm currently doing a "Featured Blogger series". I would like the opportunity to feature you. Take care and email me at lisamarshall67@gmail.com

    Loving the skirt by the way.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The conference sounds like it was great! I LOOOVE your skirt and your boots ~so stylish :) xoxo

    www.pink-stilettos.info

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that skirt is awesome, i need to find me one
    thanks for the lovely comments
    now following
    <3
    http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty skirt! you look great!

    With love, Samm
    @ www.afterstylecomesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a fun event! And you look gorgeous, I love your skirt!

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was such a pleasure meeting you! Thank you for including my photo in your blog. I posted the link to your blog on my FB page. Hopefully, you'll get lots of looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks everybody! I had an awesome time.

    xoxo Monroe

    ReplyDelete
  14. i really love how you incorporate a lot of inexpensive pieces into your looks and make them look chic! i always try to do the same, since i love being able to spend less on them, in order to have lots and lots of clothes :)

    hanamichi-marika.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg, i love your skirt and thanx for the comment on my blog

    http://vernisaongle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the great content. I am glad I have taken the time to see this.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin