Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fashion Week Day 4

Day 4 was a lot more laid back than day 2 and 3. On this day I my schedule was pretty light with just 3 shows
Katya Leonovich
Lela Rose
Boy Meets Girl.

I just wanted to be a little relaxed today so I went with a more casual look. Oh I also found I made Essence.com Street Style again :-)


Here is a run down of the shows
Katya Leonovich
This collection was quite interesting. A lot of colors and kookiness to it. I personally didn't find the collection to be realistic. Some things perhaps are red carpet worthy for the likes of Nicki Minaj or just someone with a big enough personality to wear the clothes and not let the clothes wear them.
I can see the thought and creativity that went into this collection and that alone is admirable.
There were a lot of denim pieces and I'm just not into denim unless its jeans or a jean jacket.

Lela Rose
Lela Rose 2012 Spring Collection was trully beautiful and whimsical yet wearable. I love the gold dress and all the lovely little details. The above dress is sooooo stunning.
The prints were perfection and the collection is very well rounded which is something I look for in collections. Job well done!

BOY MEETS GIRL
Boy Meets Girl was definitely not the typical fashion show. Taking place in a club the models strutted above everyone down a staircase to none other than The Veronica's playing live!
Pretty cool setting and atmosphere. Can you guess who that first model is????

FUN FLICKS
Ashley from the Bachelorette opened Stacy Igels Boy Meets Girl show and ofcourse JP was there too!
They are really in love and its not for tv. They couldn't stay away from each other all night.
Angela Simmons looking GORGE...I need her nail polish at the Boy Meets Girl Show
Omarion posed for my camera...he's so humble and nice!
Mariska Hargitay and Susan Sarandon at Lela Rose
Front Row at Lela rose
Day 4 was amazing. It's at this point that I kinda start to find my stride during Fashion Week. I even found a secret spot to change from my flats into my heels before stepping out into the open square where you are bound to get your photo taken.
But I must say MY FEET KILL. My calves ache and my shoulder has a bump from wearing my purse with a million freebies in it from all the events I've attended.
Hey Beauty is Pain...hehe.
Don't forget to check out my Youtube Channel and NYFW Coverage Link for extra Video and Tidbits!


xoxo
Monroe


12 comments:

  1. Living the dream. I like your lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post!!
    Great look darling <33

    xoxo*
    www.ivaniadiamond.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your necklace, you look darling.

    http://myafricancloset.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am JELouS! Looks like a gr8 time!
    Now you look so FAB! Ya know..

    ~IG2S

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!!! this is by far my favorite outfit of yours for NYFW. you deserved to have your pic on Essence.com I really love the whole ensemble.
    What brand is that lipstick? you look gorge Honey, keep killin'em!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha cool shows, lots of peeps. I like this relaxed look :-) Just entered your giveaway yay :-)

    De,

    Fashion Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha my bf kept saying 1st world problems to me when I said my calves/feet/and shoulder were aching. Swag carrying, heel wearing problems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, that's Angela Simmons? She looks 40! Ohhh, loving that berry/purple lippy on you!!!

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute girl. Im so happy for you. I see the Dany's :) Was that Mandy Moore at Lela Rose???

    Comme-coco.blogspot.com

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You look so fabulous!!! Love the Dany's paired with this ensemble...HAUTE!

    Awesome photos and good fashion week coverage. Keep it coming ;-)

    www.fashionpad.blogspot.com

    Twitter @fashionpad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adore your outfit! And all of your other looks for NYFW! You are rockin' it lady! xo

    http://ashleyericathecity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look GREAT!! and looks like you had a great time. i love the photos. i saw the pic of ashley and jp in a magazine; they are adorable :-) and angela simmons is just lovely.

    ~nic

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and read them all!
Follow me on: Facebook|Twitter|Bloglovin